Thursday, March 11, 2010

The One Where Aiden Rides In An Ambulance




Since around the 15th of Feb Aiden has had a bad cough, and about month and four visits to the doctor later he still wasn't feeling better. So Andy and I talked about it and I would call the after hours number and get him taken to MUSC to be checked out. The after hours nurse told me to hang up the phone and call 911...so I did. The fire department arrived first, and then EMS after evaluating him for a few minutes we were asked where we wanted him taken...MUSC (duh)! I rode in the ambulance with Aiden while Andy drove ahead to MUSC and met us there. On our way he screamed at the lady and at me for giving him a breathing treatment. The master escape artist from the NNICU wanted nothing to do with the mask.
He was tested for RSV, Flu, and Whooping Cough. The RSV and Flu tests came back negative, but we're still waiting on the WC results. Just in case he has it we were given some antibiotics, but unfortunately if he does have it the meds won't help his cough just stop him from being contagious. We also have to have the other three tested if it comes back positive.
I have a lot of questions, but my main one is if it isn't RSV, the Flu, and possibly not whooping cough what is causing him to cough?

A short video of Aiden earlier today


Pictures from last night

2 comments:

  1. Aww poor Aiden! I am sorry he had to go through all that. I hope you guys get some answers soon about why he's got that cough. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor little guy, he just looks like he doesn't feel good. that pic in the ambulance is so sad. i hope you feel better real soon little Aiden!

    ReplyDelete