Tuesday, October 20, 2009

the manual pump, sleep deprived, and Andy's mom

I've gotten a few emails about this so I thought I'd clarify something I said in the last post about the manual pump. I have NOT been using a manual pump since I got out of the hospital. I was sent home with one to get me through the night. The day after my discharge I had an appointment at WIC to see if we would qualify and could get a hospital grade pump rental while the babies were in the NNICU. The night I was discharged I tried the manual pump for 30 minutes and had close to nothing so Andy went and bought a Pump In Style. That is what I was using for the last 2 months.

Sleep deprived. Since Andy went back to work I've been getting up at 9pm instead of 1am or 2am however long Andy would let me sleep basically. I never could fall asleep at 4 when my "shift" ended so having to go directly to sleep now is even harder. I sleep for 1-2 hours before waking back up. I try to sleep in the nursery after the 10pm feeding, but it really depends on the babies if I get any rest. The last few days I haven't been getting enough sleep so Andy had me take something to help me sleep. Instead of waking up at 9 andy stayed up and fed the babies with his mom. She then tried to rest in the nursery and I woke up at 230 and she went to bed.

Speaking of Andy's mom I have no idea what we would do without her. She has been a huge help and is working very hard with us to keep these babies under control. I cannot imagine moving away from home for a while to help with four infants. (Aiden, Max, Alexis, & Carolyn don't have quads because I'm not doing this again!) It is truly a blessing that she is here with us, and we will never be able to express how much we appreciate her coming to live with us.

We got our first synagis shots last Friday to help with preventing a serious RSV infection. They also got their 2 month vaccinations on that day as well. They were not happy. At all.

1 hour before feeding...must sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment