Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time Flies

Not only when you're having fun, but also when you're exhausted.

We're doing well here, but we're a little bit more tired now that Andy has returned to work. Andy's mom and I have both picked up additional feedings in order to work around his schedule so he isn't a zombie at work. Here at home though...zombie is the new thing to be.

On Sunday the babies turned eight weeks old! I cannot believe they have been in the world for two months. It seems like just yesterday they were taking away my food and drinks just in case my lab results said I had to deliver that day. Five hours after I requested more drugs to get rid of my headache babies were born. Let's see how the babies have grown just since coming home.

Then...

Now...
They're big! Ok they're still around the size of a baby that is just born, but when you start out 2 & 3 lbs 6 & 7 lbs is HUGE.

They're doing awesome. Max is still the biggest, but Aiden is right behind him. Carolyn is right there with Aiden, but Alexis is still our little skinny Minnie. What she lacks in size she makes up for in attitude and personality. She drives Andy crazy at feeding time so I will usually try to feed her. She makes me laugh even when I'm exhausted by her constant hand movements and facial expressions. Max screams like crazy when he wakes up and other babies are being fed. He is STARVING and expects to eat right at that instant. I tell them all "you can't always be first with 3 other siblings" they don't care at the moment and only want me to give them a bottle. We are getting them to wait longer in the middle of the night what use to be the 2 o'clock is now the 0300-0330. We haven't been able to get them to 0400 yet, but that is our target hour.

I almost gave up pumping this week because I was just SICK of the pain and how much of my time it requires. Andy went and rented a hospital grade pump for me on Sunday to try, and the difference is like driving a Cadillac after you've been driving a Geo Metro. The manual pump I got from the hospital? That's like walking barefoot on broken glass. Not recommended.

I never showed the necklace Andy bought me for having the quads. I picked it out on etsy.com and he paid for it. I love it and think it is perfect!

1 comment:

  1. love the then and now pics! and absolutely love the necklace, Andy did a great job!

    ReplyDelete