Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Diet Game *A Post About Momma*

I’ve struggled with the weight gain since that first look in the mirror after the babies were born.  I will be honest and say I waited a few days, but when I finally saw me standing there not me with four babies it was a hard moment.  I put it into perspective that I gained the weight so my babies would be healthy.  I had four babies doing very well in the NNICU so I would not worry about my weight.  I would pump and let what came off naturally come off.  The weight dropped off until I was sitting in the 190s for a few months.  Then out of no where I dropped into the 180s, and that is where I stayed until a friend took over what I ate *JUNK*.  I LOVE sugar.  I crave it morning noon and night, and there was a point in my life when I ate candy for lunch and dinner.  So breaking the sugar habit was going to be hard.  Really hard.

 

I took 10 days and ate exactly what she said *got sick and had to deviate because I ate saltines and drank sprite for three days and nothing else*, but I dropped finally into the 170s.  After my ten days were up I could eat whatever I wanted, but I had to eat at least 1300 calories, and no more than 1800.  The calorie counting game is a hard one.  Have you ever really paid attention to how many calories are in junk food?  It was “SO…I can have a piece of cake or I can have lunch?” no thank you!  The 100 calorie snacks did me in though.  I got the hostess 100 calorie snacks, and it added the sugar back into my diet and with it the cravings.  So we talked about doing another 10 days exactly as before.  I’m on day 5, and I’m finally in the 160s.  Barely…but there! 

 

I’ve learned a lot about myself through the quad pregnancy and through the diet after the pregnancy.  I’m an emotional eater.  When I get stressed out I want to eat something, and I’m hoping it is 100% sugar.  I know how to make the right choice when it comes to food, but before I just ignored what I needed to do for what I wanted to do.  I haven’t worked out on a regular basis up to this point.  It seems like every time I try to get in a routine someone gets sick.  When someone is sick I’m tired, and when I’m tired I don’t have the energy to get excited about working out in the heat.  So I haven’t.  Monday I begin my working out on a regular basis.  It’s time, and finally I’m ready.  I’m ready for the commitment it takes to get back into shape.  This time when I start my workout routine it’s for me.  Not for the the babies, not for Andy, and not for the Air Force.  It’s for me.  Because it’s MY LIFE, and I want to live it feeling good about myself.  Being able to keep up with the babies and being a good example for them is just an added bonus.  I’m excited about the first day.  I picked Monday because today I took my measurements, and cleaned up the area where I’ll be working out.  Tomorrow I will take before pictures to help document where I’m starting from.  So when I get exhausted and just need an extra push I’ll look at the pictures. 

prelabor

Aug 09

postlabor

Aug 09

meandmax

Sep 09

all5

Oct 09

lisaandcarolyn

Jan 10

easter

April 10

alexisandme

July 10

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking it is going to be a long road back to our prepreg bodies, but your so right in that we have to do it for ourselves! Good luck sista, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete