Sunday, January 23, 2011

Whatevs It’s An Update

I say all the time it’s been so long…I’m super busy…blah blah blah.  Point of the matter is blogging isn’t my most important thing in life right now.  There are TONS of quad mommas that are SAHMs and working moms that blog constantly.  SO I have time…I know I do.  I just don’t blog.  I think about it a lot especially while I’m eating peanut butter M&Ms in bed.  I think I should blog.  I really should blog because Aunt Martz hasn’t seen an update on the blog in forever.  I NEED TO BLOG. 

So here I am.  Updating more than just a line of status message on Facebook.  What is sad is I haven’t really taken that many pictures lately.  I’ve been really just wanting to soak in the happiness that I feel when I’m at home with my kiddos.  I just want to spend time with them and enjoy every second, and not get frustrated because so and so isn’t looking at the camera.  I’d rather just make them giggle and have someone else take the pictures.    So the last time I took pictures was on the 9th and then I took some snap shots when we got our new playhouse.  So I do have pictures! Smile

 

Aiden

Aiden is walking like a pro now…ok not exactly.  He waddles more than the rest, but our new PT sent an email with what we should be working on at home with him.  He is doing really really well though and even does a fast walk now that is almost a run.  He is still stealing pacifiers, but has learned how to give them back.  He has only given them back a few times.  Usually he takes off as fast as he can while Alexis screams.  Aiden’s health has been pretty good.  He had some hard coughing spells earlier in the month, but has been doing much better.  We really have to stay on him with his reflux meds when he doesn’t want to drink them we just keep insisting that he drink it instead of throwing it down.  He’s all about the walk by hugs and then he needs to be on his way into something again.  He is also still all about the screams.  I’m not sure how to get this to stop.  It’s a game, but not a very fun one for momma & daddy because there is enough noise without the ear piercing squeals.  He is still doing his kissy face and breathing crazy while he does it.  Cracks me up.  He doesn’t like to share though when he gets a lap he wants it to be his and not have to worry about anyone else.  This causes a problem when Max gets jealous that Aiden is sitting with me….because then we have two boys in my lap trying to take each other out.

 

Maxwell

Max is my night cuddler.  He will come sit with me every night for a little bit before bed.  He doesn’t need to be entertained or anything he just needs to sit in my lap.  He also would rather I sit next to him when he drinks his last bottle of the night.  Momma’s Boy.  Yesterday he was pushing a toy lion we have and Andy started touching it to help him move it around everyone and he started fussing.  Andy thought it was because he was frustrated that he couldn’t get it around everyone I guess, but I could see the problem wasn’t everyone else.  It was Andy.  Andy touching the lion.  I told Andy why Max was fussing and Andy thought it would be fun to pick on him a little big and that’s when Max came over and raised both hands and started hitting Andy.  Andy got attacked by a 17 month old child for touching a toy lion.  It still makes me laugh.  Max likes things the way he likes them and doesn’t want anyone taking his stuff.  One day we tried to introduce bowls.  Yes bowls people….with mac and cheese in them.  I tried to show Max it was ok to eat it and I ate A noodle and he lost his mind.  I just walked away and let him have his moment.  Everyone else ended up breaking down over the bowls too.  Except Carolyn.

 

Alexis

The climber.  The crackhead.  Alexis went to the ER last week because she thought the game “Is Momma fast enough?” would be big fun.  Momma wasn’t fast enough and Alexis fell head face first onto the hardwood floor from the arm of the couch.  Luckily she was leaning over so the fall was a shorter distance, but she was still left with a bump and didn’t want to be put down for a while.  She is fine, and still trying to climb on the couch.  Alexis also climbs on top of the music tables we have from leapfrog and stands there.  She also will climb on the back of the lion and stand.  She enjoys the look of pure terror on our faces when she is perched some place she shouldn’t be.  Like the time she was standing on the arm of the couch leaning over like she was going to jump over the gate into the kitchen.  Sometimes you can distract her, but usually not.  When she is about to do something that will causes screaming or injure her I say “Alexis…where is Cattie?” and she goes into full search and rescue mode.  Once I made the mistake of doing it at night when everyone was calm and Cattie was in the crib where Alexis couldn’t get to her so she hung on the crib screaming until I got Cattie. 

 

Carolyn

C-Biscuit is currently on her 4th ear infection since November.  It’s getting pretty ridiculous so she is going back to the doctor tomorrow to talk about options.  Hopefully we will get in to see an ENT soon.  Carolyn is still the most nervous of the 4, and also the likely to try and climb on things.  Recipe for disaster, and let me tell you why.  Carolyn is climbing on something or has climbed on something when along comes Alexis and pulls Carolyn off whatever she is on or pushes her off.  Carolyn falls and screaming happens.  Not to mention the fact that she gets stuck some place and screams for assistance to get down.  They are not to be left alone for any period of time in the living room because someone will find some way to climb on something and get injured just because you had to go to the bathroom for a record setting 14 seconds.  C-Biscuit knows no strangers and wants to visit with everyone when she is at the doctors office.  She is my teeny tiny little that just keeps being bad, but no one remembers the bad because she is too adorable.  She also eats playdough. 

 

I found an ad on Craigslist for a slide and playhouse for sale.  50 each or 75 for both so I had Andy go pick them up.  It was an awesome deal and Aunt Misty sent us a slide for Christmas that they all fight over so hopefully having two slides will help  there be less screaming.

  004

027

Carolyn preparing to make us all take a step closer to the picnic table

018

Aiden in shades

125

Peek a boo Maxwell

010

Alexis swapping out her shades.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I wasn't sure whether to click funny, interesting or cute so I didn't click either! thanks for the update....I totally understand about the picture taking.....it's like when you go see your kid taking part in a play or concert - you're so busy with one eye closed looking through the camera or at the camera that you miss alot of neat/sweet stuff. having said that.....get some pictures update for us who live for them, ok? lol! just kidding!!
    life is certainly "interesting" for you and I'm sure it's just the beginning! you're doing a great job and we love you & your wee ones!

    ReplyDelete