Monday, June 22, 2009

23 weeks 4 days


I was up until around 230 working on the new layout for the blog. If you saw it last night you saw something totally different. I woke up this morning and decided I didn't like the way the header didn't really match the background. So I started over around 0820 this morning. I finished around 0930 and had some strawberries to celebrate. I was feeling really sluggish and not at all like I wanted to take a picture today, but I started feeling good so I went up and took a shower and put my make up on for this weeks picture.

I feel good overall. Just tired and can't really get comfortable. I sit on the couch a lot which means I have to get off the couch a lot and that requires a lot of effort. I told Andy I need something to extend down from the ceiling to help me lift myself. I think he thought I was joking...I was. Sort of. When I stand up my bones ache from the added weight, and each morning when I wake my hand joints are stiff and ache. Not sure if that is because they have turned from long thin fingers to long chubby ones. My feet have also changed. For one I know they're there because I can feel them ache when I walk, but I can't always see them and I can rarely find the energy to reach them. Having the energy to reach them really isn't the problem it's bending over and having the arm length, or sometimes it's just finding an awkward enough position to make them come to me. When I have my feet up I look at my once skinny feet at what I'm sure are the feet of Shrek. You know what else is hard to reach? My plate. While sitting at the table I have to lean to get to my food. This usually leads to disaster since recently I've started dropping food on my clothes. I bought a shirt the other day and wore it twice before it had food dumped down it. I'm still going to wear it. I love that shirt and well if I go buy another one I'm sure it will get stained as well. I also can see the end of my belly button. One thing I really never thought I'd see since I've never had a shallow belly button. It is odd when I look down and see it slowly slipping away. Or stretching away however you want to say it. I find these things tiring but all normal. I'm not the first person to waddle into the bathroom, and be so caught off guard by the side of my stomach that I actually feel the need to measure my waist. It was 47" for the record. I like to think wanting to know this measurement makes me brave, but on a good day I might admit it makes me a little crazy. For everytime I struggle to get off the couch and think GOOD GRAVY! I am rewarded later with a kick or just a movement that says HI! We're still here. I can never tell who is who...I mean there are four of them in one stomach that isn't made of glass so how can I know which leg is kicking me?

I went in to look at the nursery again before coming downstairs to greet my sweet pups. I just had to look at it one more time to make sure it was real and I didn't dream it. :) I just love all the colors.

That's all for now I hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I do love the colors of your nursery too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking lovely as always & will quickly get back to "normal" (whatever that is)after the babies are born.
    Glad you still love the nursery, it'll be a fun room for the babies to grow in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean clothes...What are those?lol.
    I'm glad everything is going well for you...My prayers are with you.
    wendy

    ReplyDelete