Thursday, June 18, 2009

23 Weeks

This isn't your normal update post. Normally we start off with a picture, but today we start off with a prayer request. Tuesday night I got a call from my grandma letting me know my mom had a stroke early Saturday morning. She was released from the hospital I believe Tuesday, and is doing well in her recovery. She was in good spirits when I spoke with her Wednesday. We're thankful the stroke was a mild one. Please pray she continues to do well during her recovery.

We made it 23 weeks! YAY! No ultrasound pictures because we didn't have one today. Only a cervix check, and a listen to the heartbeats. They're sounding good, and my cervix remains closed. Next week we have a long ultrasound so we're hoping to have a few pictures to share next Thursday. This week is take it easy week to make it to 24 weeks. Anytime after 24 weeks they can live outside the womb, but the risks and possible long term complications are a lot higher than if we were to deliver after 28 weeks. Right now though the goal is just to make it to next Thursday. Then we'll work on our new 4 week goal. Every Thursday I wake up at home feels like a victory, and that's how we'll keep going. Thursday to Thursday. Weekly picture will be taken probably sometime this weekend or Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Misty Urech sent me your link and i wanted to say KEEP IT UP GIRL!!! Congrats! I have two boys and two girls too! You look great!
    Love, Casey Gerwer
    MOM to BBGG quads born 1.16.08 at 29w
    gerwerbabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she seems to be doing ok!
    I live week to week too, and though it will be hard, you will be taking a deep breathe when you hit that week 24! And again at 28.
    You are doing awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete