Monday, September 7, 2009

ER Visit & My Thoughts On Pumping



The above video is of Andy & Carolyn. He cheated by unwrapping her while she was sleeping which helps them wake up. So she woke up & he got to visit with her before she ate. :) It is a sweet video, and pretty funny when she starts to cry.

I had a really cute video of Aiden, but accidentally deleted it when I was trying to view it on my camera. :-(

Today is day three of not getting to go to the hospital to visit with the babies. :-( It is really frustrating to me to try to do everything right & then I get a cold that prevents me from going to see them. I miss them a lot & wish this cold would hurry up and pass.

I'm finding I don't enjoy this whole pumping situation. I do it because the babies need the milk to grow big and strong, but I really can't stand it. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go to the ER last night for a breast infection. I had shooting pains after pumping so I called the after hours phone to find out what I could do. I went to the doctor on Thursday and talked expressed concerns about my nipples looking odd. She was going to give me cream for them, but the midwife she talked to said the pump does that to the nipples. I didn't like being diagnosed by someone who hadn't actually seen me, but I figured if I followed the instructions it would get better. Negative ghost rider. I got to bare my boobs to yet another person for inspection where it was determined I needed antibiotics. YAY! I hate taking antibiotics. They think my fever was caused not by the cold I have, but the infection I have. I was told I could have pain medicine, but that it would get in my breast milk and I would need to pump and dump. I said um no thank you I will do without the pain medicine. My babies need to eat and there will be no dumping of the milk!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you are feeling bad. Praying that you feel better soon & can go see your sweet babies! Loved the updates, pics & video!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree - pump and dump would be total torture! i mean its bad enough to have to pump, but then for them to not even get it - that would be crap. so sorry you got an infection, hope it clears up fast.
    that video is too dang cute.

    ReplyDelete