Sunday, July 5, 2009

25 Weeks 3 Days

I woke up several times last night, but around 0530 I had this really sharp pain while rolling over. I was mid roll when I thought oh that's not normal. It was only for a second though so I just went back to sleep. Woke up a few times to go to the bathroom, but went back to sleep after each trip. Then when I finally decided to get out of bed I noticed something wasn't right. I tried to remain calm, but seriously at 25 weeks there is no calm about this situation. I called the doctor to find out if I needed to go to the hospital. No response so I called back again. They called me back, and really I already know they're going to say come in to be checked, but I don't like to just visit the hospital for no reason. So I wait until they say "why don't you go ahead and come in just to be checked" before I text Andy (he was at Sonic) telling him I need to go in.

Once we get there I'm given a gown and told to strip down and they'll be back in a few mins. So I do as I'm told and wait. Waiting is the worst....you never know who is going to walk through that door. I mean you could get someone gentle to do the exam or you could have someone you want to kick in the face after it's all over. They got A & B on the monitors, and they look great so they moved to C & D who also looked great. B & D were our movers today that didn't really want to be monitored. They checked my cervix and said it's still long and closed. Quit your complaining and go home. No they didn't really say that last part, but I was told to do as I've been doing and call if anything changes.

So basically all you really need to know is yes I had a valid reason to go to the hospital, but after being checked out I am still doing well. I have to say though I think hospitals should have wheelchairs out in the parking lots like stores have carts. I mean you never realize how far the walk is until you've walked too far to turn back.

5 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad to hear that everything turned out OK. What a scary time tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through Multiples and More and just wanted to say glad everything turned out! We had twin boys and also had plenty of surprise trips to L&D. Definitely error on the side of caution. Keep on trucking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how attentive you are! I hate making unnecessary trips to L&D and they always like to keep me so I wait....and wait...and wait! Glad it was nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything is alright! You are doing great! No trip is unnecessary considering the precious package you are carrying. Listen to your body! You are doing great! Keep up the great work! I know this is when it gets difficult but it is all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing an awesome job! It's frustrating at times, but L&D is there to help. What else do they have to do? Drink coffee & talk about all the adorable babies they get to help come into the world? You have a great sense of humor about all the changes going on.
    Keep on keeping on. We're excited to see you & Andy in a few days.

    ReplyDelete