Friday, July 24, 2009

An Update

I'm still in the hospital. I'll be here until they decide I won't be here anymore. It sucks being in the hospital, but I knew it was coming. I knew there would be a point when I would need to be here, and that it is what is best for the babies. I won't lie I want to go home. I want to be at home with Andy and our dogs, but more than that I want to eventually bring home 4 healthy babies. I am lucky to have friends online that are or have been where I am, and know what I'm feeling. They're so very supportive and it helps to know what I'm feeling is normal.

Andy has been great about coming to see me and suffering through sitting in a hospital room with me. There isn't much to do in here so he is going to bring games for us to play when he is here. Not only will I have his visit to look forward to, but playing a game while he is here will be a lot of fun too. Something to break up the usual sit in the bed and watch tv thing I'm doing right now. We're not sure how he often he will be able to come down to see me since we have the pups to think about. We have to think about what is best for all of us. It would be unfair to leave the pups alone all day and then at night while he comes to the hospital. Not only that, but it will be really hard on Andy to get anything done if he is just going from work to home to the hospital to home. Yes I want him to be here, and yes he wants to be here, but we have to do what is best for all of us. Andy needs rest just as much as I do so we'll get it figured out and do what is best for the whole family.

6 comments:

  1. My first couple days of bed rest I cried, not because of where I was (or the babies), but because I missed my two dogs. 5 1/2 weeks later, when I was allowed to get a breathe of fresh air and use a wheelchair my husband surprised me by bringing the dogs to the entrance of the hospital so I could see them. Just a thought, if at all possible in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing great with keeping your spirits up in the hospital, that will go a long way for your sanity. hang in there girl, you know i'm here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me! I'm jealous of your cervix!!! After my hospital stays I can say that there isn't a good way around it. I found the games were fun when someone was around. When I was by myself I did a lot of sudoku and crosswords, wrote out the bills, shopped online and made baby blankets. I sound like such a grandma but it was nice to make something for my babies and crochet kills time-and your hands! If you access to your tv alot of people bring video game systems. I refused to have DH bring my Wii but I know it would have helped.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember it will be over soon and you will be holding your four healthy babies. Nothing else will seem to matter. You'll be wishing for the day they come home and when they do you'll be wishing for a good nights sleep. LOL I too had a little bit of time in the hospital before my quads were born and missed my 3 little hairy kids. We were able to bring them up for visits. You might ask your nurse. Hang in there. I am thinking of you!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great- it stinks being in the hospital- I almost lost it some days- but keep hanging in there because it's more than worth it in the end!
    I watched every season of 24, Lost and Nip Tuck in the hospital! That, and chatting on multiple mom message boards saved my sanity. Lots of great support there..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am a new reader, and wanted to say CONGRATS on 28 weeks! WOO HOO!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and cheering me on, too. I am only on modified bed rest and it makes me a little crazy already. I hope your hospital stay goes as well as it can, and the babies keep on cooking. GOOD job, Mama!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete