Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am pregnant with quads listen to me whine

I got up yesterday morning at 0840 and knew we were in for a rough day. I had started bleeding and so I took a shower and got my stuff together while Andy got ready to take me to the doctors office. After being examined there they sent me over to labor and delivery at the hospital where I stayed until around 7 last night. I was examined, given fluids, had blood drawn, other odd testing, and set up on the monitor to watch for contractions. After being on the monitor for a while I started feeling the contractions and that was no fun. That is when they decided to put me on a medication to help stop the contractions. After I got the medicine I could still tell when I was contracting but they didn't hurt, and they started spacing out more. Still I was on a clear liquid diet only. So I had an order of french toast sticks from BK to hold me over all day long. Then they gave me beef broth that was so gross, but I was hungry so i tried to eat half of it. I also got jello, two Popsicles, and some juice. Once they determined the bleeding and contractions weren't causing a change in my cervix they decided I was good to move out of L&D. Unfortunately I got in a room where I was really miserable because the ac was not cold enough. Finally the morning nurse called to see what was wrong with it, and then I was moved to a new room where it is so very nice and chilly. Andy said it was freezing. :D Once they moved me out of L&D I was able to eat solid foods, but I didn't actually get anything until around 930 or so because I was moved after the cafeteria was closed, but the nurses were nice enough to bring me a snack bag. Then another one around 0300. I didn't get a breakfast tray because I was transfered late last night so they didn't know I was around I guess. They brought me one this morning around 0900 and everything got cleared up and I was able to order for lunch, dinner, and breakfast tomorrow. No more confusion on the food!

Enough about me though. The babies are all looking great. They are all moving and have good heartbeats. I got my first steroid shot, and will get the second today. The steroid shot is to help the babies...I'm sure for their lungs, but at the moment my brain is blank. We are hoping the babies will make it a few more weeks before delivery. They showed me yesterday on the ultrasound how they were practicing their breathing movements which was cute to see. We were supposed to get their growths tomorrow, but now I'm not sure if I'll be doing that or not. I was really looking forward to that appointment so I could see how much they weigh.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Does it look like you'll be in the hospital for the duration of your pregnancy? I can remember how the couple day were a huge adjustment and quite a blur. You're in the best place for them to closely watch the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there girl, i'm here if you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! We are ALL thinking & praying for you & the lil' ones!!!! Let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!! We've all been there & would do anything for you sweetie! Huuuuuuggggssss!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, you've had such a frustrating day, but hopefully things have settled down by now & you're able to get the rest you need as well as things to eat. It'd hard, but you can do it! Lots of prayers are being said for you, Andy & the babies.

    ReplyDelete