Thursday, July 16, 2009

27 Weeks

I love Thursdays. My favorite day of the week was once Tuesday, but now it is Thursday. Thursday means we are one week closer to our goal. Our goal is still 28 weeks so if everything goes well and we make it another week next Thursday we get a new goal!

Unlike earlier in the pregnancy when the days just flew by my days are on creep mode. They seem to NEVER end. I wake up on Monday and think is it Tuesday? Please be Tuesday, but no it is only Monday.

Our appointment went well today. We listened to the heart beats and they did an exam on me like every week and all is good. She also did a Fetal Fibronectin Test. This test tells if you are at risk to deliver within two weeks. If the test comes back positive they would give me the steroid shots to help develop the babies lungs. A positive test does not mean you will deliver in two weeks, but it helps the doctors take steps to prevent that from happening. My test was negative so our risk is currently low for preterm delivery! YAY!

We are lucky to have a good friend that works in the NNICU where I'll be delivering, and she took us on a tour last night so we could see what to expect. It was a lot less terrifying having someone we know show us around, and we are so thankful she took time out of her day to do that for us.

Also thank you to Wendy who knit us beanies for the babies. They are adorable and we really appreciate your gift. :)

Picture possibly coming later in the weekend, but maybe not until next week. We'll see how it goes around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment