Tuesday, July 28, 2009

28 Weeks 5 Days & Our Family

I've talked about our babies at home, but never showed them on the blog. Tonight I thought would be fun to do an update and show everyone following our story the rest of our family.

Update...
it looks like I'll be here in the hospital until I actually deliver. I haven't had any more painful contractions. I say painful because it is normal for me to have contractions just because I have so many babies. The painful ones aren't normal. It also is good because there is no pattern to the contractions. So we're hopeful, but you never know when something will change. With a quad pregnancy things can go from calm to delivery pretty quickly.

I have an appointment tomorrow, but I can't remember what it is for. It'll be a surprise for me I guess. :)

First we have Chris. She is at least 10 years old. I've had her 9 years in December, and she was the exact same size when I rescued her. She is a sweet kitty with a mean streak.


Then we have Sunny our Golden Retriever. He turns 4 on the 31st. He is a big sweetie, and does not like sitting out in the sun. He is spoiled, and will try to trick you into moving off his spot in the couch. He does this by making you think he wants to go outside, and when you get up he'll wait for you to get around the corner before taking his spot on the couch. :)

Ace is our German Shepherd/Black Lab mix. He turns 4 on Oct 25th. He likes to think he runs things, and loves to play soccer. He loves to cuddle when he isn't playing with a ball, or harassing one of the other pups.

Finally we have Foxy! She was born in March 08, and won Andy's heart when we went to walk dogs at the local SPCA. She loves to aggravate Ace and Sunny by dragging whatever toy she has over their heads until they try to take it from her.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, congratulations hun. I just had my first baby (a boy called Marlow) and I really admire you - you must be a superhero mum! Good luck with it all you will be fine. Not long to go to the birth, cant wait for your birth story! Have you thought of names yet? http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice family, i guess that is a handful for andy to take care of while you are in the hospital. i bet they miss you horribly, but you'll be back home soon. well, not too soon, we got more cookin' to do! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on making it so far already. I'm 14 weeks pregnant with quads, already a mom of 4 ages 7 months to 18 years, and my goal is to make it to 35 weeks (Lofty I know).
    Very cute pets! Hang in there and enjoy ride.
    Courtenay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. I don't have small children but love to read about all these multiples being born. We have a set of Quads in our hometown in Illinois. Totally amazing, because one was a challenge for me. I now have 4 hound dogs and blog about them. I know what you are talking about, when the dogs trick you to go outside so they can still your spot. Constant at our house. When you don't have anything else to do and want some humor check out my blog. The hound dogs will keep you laughing and you will be thankful for 4 little ones over 4 hound dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete