Thursday, August 6, 2009

30 weeks

I went to my appointment this morning. There was some confusion on when I was getting there and also what was being done when I got there, but it was all figured out and I was only starving when I got back to my room. :)

I had an ultra sound to check the BPPs (biophysical profiles) which checks to make sure the babies are practicing breathing movements, a cervix length, and a doppler to check the blood flow through the umbilical cord to the babies. Each baby did really well for the BPP & doppler tests. I was expecting a growth check, but after much discussion they decided no on that until next week or the week after. My cervix has changed to 3.4cm, but they are really happy with that because they said it is normal for my cervix to change as I get further along. All babies are now facing down except C. She is our diva that always wants to be available for pictures.

So all around good news from the ultrasound. Everyone knows I don't wish to be released from the hospital because I'm a what if sort of gal and I don't want to put myself at risk for an earlier delivery than I could have by staying here. Yes I'd love to return home, but I'd also like to have the latest possible delivery date. The last I heard they said I would be staying with them until delivery. I had someone new come in the room this morning and check on me. It was 0515 and he asked me all kinds of questions that I'm normally asked and then wanted to listen to my heart and lungs. So the decided he needed to flip the light on in my face. Not pleased at all. So I couldn't just fall back asleep because 1 I was annoyed and 2 I was wide awake. Thanks guy! They won't be doing that again though because the resident I always see apologized for him coming in so early and said she would talk with all the new students and let them know not to come in my room so early. I'm hoping she also tells them not to turn the light on in my face because that is not cool.

I'm going to eat now.

3 comments:

  1. that is such exciting news about the length of you cervix - how awesome. sorry you didn't get the weights, hopfully next week. and you know how i feel about the lights in my face - it's just so rude! oh and so happy you got the whole multiple doc thing straightened out, that has got to make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great mama!! I was only in the hospital for a couple weeks and it was SO hard, so you must be one tough cookie to be dealing with it for this long. And to still realize that it's the best place for you to be:) You are a good mom already:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 3.4cm at 30 wks with Quads is phenomenal! Keep it up. Are you planning a c-section delivery?
    FYI, nurses can be great advocates too so make sure they know not to let any visitor (docs, students or otherwise) in until you are awake :)

    ReplyDelete