Thursday, August 27, 2009

They're not twins. Thanks.

Today someone said oh they're twins. The person knew we had 4 babies, but said the girls were twins. If they're 2 of 4 they're quadruplets not two sets of twins. OK? Thanks! Then again she did argue with the nurse when the nurse told her she wasn't supposed to remove the tape off the baby.

We had a big day today. We went up to the NNICU to visit the babies. I tried to feed Alexis, but she didn't really want to participate. She did take a poop while I was holding her though. I was positive of that. The nurse wasn't so sure since she had just changed a poopy diaper before handing her to me. I told her it was dirty and she asked if I wanted to change it and told me it could be gas. I said I'd change it since I've changed their diapers before just not stinky ones. I needed a poopy diaper to save for the memory book. Kidding--only kidding. Anyway I opened the diaper and sure enough poopy. Big poopy. :) We played around since she was awake while I was holding her. My grandma was holding Carolyn while I held Alexis. Carolyn never woke up, but Alexis was awake almost the entire time I was holding her. I figured out if I don't rock in the rocking chair they stay awake a lot longer.

Max and Aiden were both sleeping when we went to see them. Max opened his eyes for a split second before he fell back asleep. Aiden never opened his eyes, but we didn't mind because he needs his sleep. We like to hold the girls one day and the boys the next day. So tomorrow we'll be holding the boys. :) I know they'll be so excited.

Aiden started caffeine to help with his breathing. He sometimes forgets to breathe, and it is just to help him along. They were thinking of putting the girls on it, but haven't so far. Caffeine means Aiden will come home on a monitor. We were really expecting him to go on it so it wasn't really a surprise when I got there today and they told me would get his first dose today. Poor little guy is having a rough start, but thankfully his rough start is a blessing compared to what some preemie babies go through. I believe he is getting his IV out tomorrow. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

That is the only bit of news I have for today. I'm enjoying my grandparents being here with me & getting to see the babies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment