Friday, August 14, 2009

31 Weeks

We made it to 31 weeks! YAY! Really that should read like yay. I'm excited, but I'm uncomfortable. Everything is harder now...which is to be expected, but good grief! I fall asleep a lot during the day, and one night I even fell asleep on the phone with Andy.

They did a growth scan today and the weights are listed below.
A-3.0lbs
B-3.3lbs
C-3.6lbs (her estimate was hard to get because of how she was folded up and the tech said she may have over estimated her weight)
D-2.14lbs

The blood flow looks good to all the babies, but they did say it was on the high end of normal. If next week it is abnormal they'll go ahead and take the babies. Because being on the high end of normal can lead to abnormal. My next appointment is Thursday so we'll see.

My cervix is still closed and high, but softer because there is a baby pressing against it. I feel the pressure from this especially when I stand up.

My right leg is still swollen, but I don't have a blood clot. They did an ultrasound to make sure, and now I'm wearing TED hose. I call them socks because they don't go over my knee, but the real name is hose. My arms are still lumpy and bruised from the shots I get twice a day. They've stopped giving it to me in my arms, and are now giving them in my left thigh. They have to check to make sure it is ok to give the shot in my right leg since it is swollen. We'll see. Everyone thinks I'm exaggerating the bruises on my arms from these shots, but then they see my arms and are shocked.

I met another doctor here this week. I met her briefly when I was in L&D, and she is awesome. One of my favorites. I look forward for her to come by each day, and will be sad when her week is over tomorrow because she makes me laugh. The resident that I see everyday is off next week so I'm hoping to make it to the Monday after I hit 32 weeks so she can be there for the delivery.

Those are all the updates I have for now.

7 comments:

  1. 31 weeks is awesome!!! i know its getting harder, but hang in there babe - i'm still here for you if you need me. and those baby wights are good, you are doing such a great job growing them. keep us updated, i'm cheering for you and your precious babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I don't know how you've done! Those weights are amazing, especially for 4! Crossing my fingers you get the docs of your choice and hold out for delivery. I know how important that is.

    Be lucky you have the ted socks, I had the full length hose at my last stay-for 5 days-along with circulation boots! Horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You are doing so good and are inspiring to me. I will be 31 weeks on Monday with triplets. You are doing AMAZING with four little ones inside of you and what great weights they are. I am alway anxiously awaiting your blog posts. Good luck to you!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 31 weeks. Your doing a great job. Hang it there it will be over soon and you'll be holding those four little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great Mommy! Those bruises are real & painful, I saw them for myself. I'm so sorry that you are uncomfortable. Wish there was something that could be done to help, besides delivering your precious little babies, they could use a little more weight & growth. Keep up the good work!
    I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooo! You are getting close! Congrats on making it 31wk! You are doing awesome Quad Mama!!!!
    -fellow quad mom of 17mo GGGG and a 5yo boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've finally been able to get on here!!! Hope the babies are doing great and you are getting some rest! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete