Monday, August 24, 2009

A good day


Andy & Aiden

Today we found out the hole in Aiden's heart has closed after two rounds of medication, and he was able to start eating again! Andy actually gave him his first bottle, and he ate all of it! He doesn't start out getting the same amount of breast milk/formula as before, but will gradually get back up there. He is having some issues where he forgets to stop breathing, but patting him will remind him. I've read about preemies doing this, but it's a little different when you experience it the first few times.


Lisa & Max
Max got to kangaroo with me tonight since I've never held him I've been really looking forward to it. He's a little clown and was smiling a lot. He also had the hiccups and took a video of him hiccuping because it sounds like a little bit like a squeaky toy. :)


Andy & Carolyn

Carolyn let me take her temp and change her diaper. She fussed a little bit when I was trying to take her arm out of the sleeve, but other than that she was great! She was stretching and moving all over the place most of the time I was trying to change her. Andy got to hold her for a few minutes while the nurse changed her bedding out.


Andy & Alexis

I sat and talked with Alexis while Andy played with Carolyn. I'll try to hold her next time we go depending on how much time we have and what is going on. Her turn to be held is def. next though! She was all dressed and looking cute tonight when we got there. She threw a little bit of a fit when the nurse took her temp, but she just didn't think she needed it taken is all.

Andy's mom sat with the girls for most of the time we were over with the boys. It gives the girls attention while we give the boys attention. I feel less guilty about not spending time with the girls while I'm with the boys and vice versa when she is there to visit with them. :) I'm sure they really appreciate it too. I've now held all the babies kangaroo style!

More good news is the brain scans were done yesterday, and all babies scans came back normal with NO BLEEDS! That is very very good news! :)

4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely glowing holding Max! What a beautiful momma! Great news on Aiden, that's awesome! You both are doing such a wonderful job with those precious little babies. Thanks for posting the sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so, so, so beautiful, Lisa! Thank you so much for the update. Just seeing them so tiny really takes me back to our NICU days not-so-long ago!

    You've done such a great job!

    Love,
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dad and aiden pic - how precious!!! thanks for the updates and pics, they are all so adorable. isn't it just amazing that ALL those babies were in your belly just a short while ago. i just look at mine in amazement that they all fit in my belly. it is truly a miracle.
    congrats quad mamma!!! we did it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad all in going in a positive path.
    You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete