Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bed Rest Day 1

So I was put on bed rest yesterday at my doctor's appointment. I thought I can't wait to go on bed rest! Then when the words were said out loud I didn't feel like I thought I would. It was an uneasy worried feeling.

I did pretty well today until I realized I won't be going back to work. Not even for 4 hours a day. I felt like I was watching paint dry. It set in after watching Grey's Anatomy. It was probably just the sadness from watching the show that made me feel all the anxiety. Or it could have been the fact that Andy was outside working in the yard, and all I could do to help was water the sod he put down. BORING.

I'm pretty good at not getting bored. There are so many ways I can entertain myself. Sewing, knitting, reading, learning new crafty type things, and playing World of Warcraft. Today I was bored. I didn't want to stay inside or stand around watering sod. I followed Andy around for a bit between the pallet of sod and where he was placing it. I know it had to be annoying to have me trailing behind him talking about nonsense but I had nothing better to do. Well I did have better things to do...I just couldn't do anything that I would want to do. like clean the bedroom.

Do you realize how many household chores require bending over? I didn't. Feeding the dogs...bending over 4 times. Sweeping bending over twice to pick up piles. I don't think I'm supposed to be sweeping it makes my back hurt, but they said vacuuming not sweeping. Is that the same thing? I don't think so. /sigh Dusting...I can dust anything eye level or near eye level. Anything else is left dusty...not that I've dusted in a while. Dish washer loading...not allowed. Laundry not allowed. Changing the sheets constant bending over required. Just so you know everytime I thought of something I would like to do, and realized I shouldn't I would think this is some bull beep. I'm adjusting. I thought it would be more fun having Andy here to help with everything, but now I realize I shouldn't be doing half of what I was doing it takes the fun out. It is awesome having Andy home though so I can hug him all the time. That's fun for me :D

I started a notebook to help get things together for later on in the pregnancy/after the births. So far I've only put the folders and page protectors in the notebook. That's a step though!

I've found that I hate wearing shoes. I wear flip flops every where, and if I had some birks I'd wear them when I don't wear the flip flops. The cat peed on my last pair though. (FYI--I just spelled that pear). I think I'll look for another pair because honestly they were the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The croc sandles I have make my feet swell so I don't wear them anymore. I also don't wear my cowboy boots at this time. Not shocking since I did just type that I only wear my flip flops.

I'm also starting to wonder if I can knit 4 baby blankets for the babies. If they will be able to have them in the NICU. Or if they'll be able to have little hats. What size hats should I knit. If I start to knit them will it hit me how tiny they're going to be?

We had a friend give us a crib, and we found a crib up in VA so now we've gotten all of our cribs. The nursery will not be as previously planned. No cherry anymore...instead natural or honey pine. The walls won't be aqua blue, but light light yellow all over with colorful blocks. I'm not sure how many blocks there will be. It was an example nursery in a Disney pamphlet at home depot. There will still be an area in the nursery that is chalkboard paint. Not sure how much, but it'll be cute! I was going to recover the two bumpers I have, but I found two bumpers at Target that I love! A blue one and a pink one. The blue one has airplanes and the pink one has butterflies in the center on the front of the bumper.

The office will probably any color we have left over from painting the other rooms...as long as it isn't the dark blue from the bedroom, or the green from the bathroom. I hope we have enough of the blue from the living room because it is so calming. That's right people...no pink.

I think I'm going to finish watching What not to wear then on to Prison Break with Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment