Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yes! I'm awake...

Feeling slightly overwhelmed. Andy finally made it home...YAY! We came up to VA for a few days, and will be returning tomorrow. Today was a good day, but being around different people each day answering all their questions is tiring. So tonight I'm filled with anxiety and can't sleep. On a daily basis I think positive, and go one day at a time to keep anxiety at bay. My friends at work, and mostly everyone I work around have gotten past the shock so there isn't any OMG moments on a daily basis. Here we've answered many questions, and that is when it begins to wear me down. I don't like being the center of attention, but I've accepted we'll be getting attention anytime we take the babies out after they're born. Right now I'd like to just blend in like any other pregnant woman. Sure they don't blend in like someone who isn't pregnant, but when people hear you're having quads they tend to have the look of shock followed by questions. Some questions I don't mind...others I think are rude. I don't want a big deal made out of the fact that I'm carrying four. People have done it before, and I surely won't be the last. I guess it's the fact that you rarely meet someone carrying quads that makes people get so excited. Their shock and exclamations makes it hard to take it a day at a time. I begin to think forward wondering how long will my body be able to hold them, the time after delivery when they're in the NICU, and once they're starting to come home. Imagine taking it a day at a time to thinking about all of this, and you'd probably have a sleepless night too.

Overall I'd say I'm doing well. I take naps when I get tired, and sometimes I take them on accident. If I sit too long in an uncomfortable chair my back begins to ache, and if I walk for very long my hands and feet begin to swell. I don't like wearing shoes unless they're flip flops that I can easily slide off. My belly is getting bigger, and I'm usually most uncomfortable after I eat. It's always the area right below the ribs that feels like there just isn't any room. I don't mind these things...they're just things I'm getting use to.

I wish I knew the answers to some of the questions I have, but they're not ones that are easily answered. There in fact is no answer to the ones I want the most...all I can do is wait. Right now the best words I hear people say are "I'm/we're praying for you". It is appreciated more than anyone knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment