Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just Me Rambling

Sometimes you have to stop and face the things that scare you most.

I'm not scared of carrying quadruplets. I'm terrified of after they're born. How does one go from having only pets to having four kids? Terrified of how to care for 4 babies all at once. It isn't like a baby-sitter...no one is coming to take them away. How do you give 4 infants the attention they all need? How do you keep from losing your mind when they're all screaming and you only have 2 hands. It isn't something I can learn from a book. I have to wait for months to find out. Months and months and months of the unknown looming in the darkness. I'm excited...I'm thankful...I'm nervous. How do you stay optimistic when you have four coming, and you never got to try your hand at one you didn't get to give back. It is one of the scariest thing I've ever faced in my life.

I read I need to eat every two hours and with a quadruplet pregnancy I need to eat 4500 calories a day. How do you eat 4500 healthy calories a day? How do you eat every two hours? AND WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU EATING? 4500 calories sounds a lot like what it takes to get on the Biggest Loser. I'm not really worried about weight. Ok that's a lie. Some where in the back of my mind is the fear I will wake up after the birth of the babies to the headline HUMAN WHALE GIVES BIRTH TO QUADS. I get it though it isn't all about me. I have to eat to grow healthy babies. I have to eat as healthy as possible.

I have found a lot of people need to give advice to pregnant people. My "doctor" on base told me while he wasn't an OB he has three children so if I wanted to ask him any questions I could. This was right after he asked if I had seen an OB. How else would I have known I was having quadruplets? What did I go to the vet?

I think the time has come for me to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment