Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Job

Andy tells me my one job is to eat. He said this after he found my half eaten large fries from lunch. I wasn't very hungry today, but I still ate more than the normal human. My food intake since he got back hasn't been as high calorie so we're working to fix that. He can't eat all the things I need to so we're looking for a solution not a balance. He does the dishes nearly every day because of all the food I eat. He's been great about picking up the slack!

So I've been eating because I'm behind on the weight gain. They'd like me to have gained 30lbs by week 20, but I'm only at 18lbs so far. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow. :-\ That gives me a week to shove all the food in as I can. Kidding. I'm focusing more on protein rich foods to help the babies. So now I'm up to 2 carnation instant breakfast drinks a day. Plus I need to eat peanut butter. I don't have to have a sandwich, but I can eat it by the spoonfuls or even on ice cream! Yummy!

Everyone has been asking how big my belly is getting so starting tomorrow I'm going to try to take a picture every Thursday wearing the same shirt. Well...I won't take it, but Andy has agreed to take one for me each week.

I can't believe it is 19 weeks tomorrow. I will have 9 weeks to 28 weeks, and I'm hoping to make it some where between 32-34 weeks. Prayers would be awesome that my body holds out and I can deliver the babies during that time frame. So far the greatest things have been prayers and a sense of humor. I'm not really sure how I'd be holding up during this time if it weren't for a sense of humor. When I'm feeling a little bit of anxiety or if I'm wondering how I'm going to do it I just to pray that all goes well, and then I make light of the situation and make jokes.

Well I just woke up so I think that means it is time for me to close and go up to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment